Keep a positive attitude and stay close
to people who do the same.
Goal:Spend time around people who encourage you tot take care of yourself and make good choices.
Trust your gut and find ways to feel free in the community. Here are some ideas:
- Mask and Treat –Neighborhoods are supporting a trick or treat concept of walking the children through the neighborhood in costume and masks for them to pick up items like candy or books left at a doorstep or curb.
- Block Party – Bring tables to the front yard – with some separation – to have dinner with your neighbors.
- Blow Bubbles – From your balcony or anywhere outside, blow bubbles! This is an instant smile maker and people will stop to watch!
- Get A Little Closer– Call friends, tag them in social media, and see if they would be interested in a dinner on your lawn.
- Reduce Your Anxiety – Take deep breaths and blow out! Take this time to rest and restore your mind, body, and soul.
- Yell for A Minute – It’s okay to feel disappointment and your other emotions. Give yourself permission to cry or yell for a minute. Then recall all you are grateful for and rebuild your sense of joy. Joy and love are as contagious as fear and panic.
- Be Silly – Listen to music – super loud if it feels good! Put all your goofiness into it with funny voices and faces.
- Dance Party – with a few friends in costumes and / or masks. Laugh and then laugh some more. FaceTime some friends who can’t join you in person.
- Take A Quiz – go to www.aboutseniorsolutions.com and click on VISIONARY AGING. Take the quiz to see what kind of planner you are. I snuck this one in because I am so excited about the information and want to share it with you!
feel happier• reduce blood pressure • improve mental health • stronger immunity • reduce stroke and dementia risk • decrease depression • increase mental function • avoid Alzheimer’s
Sign up to receive regular Shape Up updates, then read on to Learn how to Shape Up Your Longevity now…