Any type of physical activity is beneficial!
Goal:Find a way to take extra steps in your day, garden,
or play with a pet.
Here are some ideas to keep you motivated:
- Any activity is better than none – With this in mind, even walking once around the yard is better than sitting on the couch all day. Bring tables to the front yard – with some separation – to have dinner with your neighbors.
- It’s always more fun with a friend – You can help yourself and make a new friend by walking or doing any activity together. Remember to be safe and wear a mask. You can also take a friend along on a video call.
- Get up from your desk every hour and take a short walk or stand up to work on something. Since I’m working at home, I walk outside every hour and take time to look at green plants and flowers.
- Take extra steps – Find ways to take extra steps in your day, garden, while talking on the phone, or playing with a pet.
- Plan to exercise when you have the most energy.
- Have fun when you exercise – We’re more likely to exercise consistently when it’s fun. There are still many choices during these times, including walking, bicycling, jogging, dancing, weightlifting, and yoga.
- Virtual dance party – Join in with a few friends in costumes and / or masks with fun backgrounds. We’ll host a weekly dance party for our friends and clients every Thursday afternoon – look for details in our next email.
feel happier• reduce blood pressure • improve mental health • stronger immunity • reduce stroke and dementia risk • decrease depression • increase mental function • avoid Alzheimer’s
Sign up to receive regular Shape Up updates, then read on to Learn how to Shape Up Your Longevity now…